Fireman Puts Fire Service in a Spin
” Officials are investigating after a uniformed firefighter was apparently filmed being spun in a tumble dryer.
Greater Manchester Fire Service believes the prank took place at one of its fire stations.
Chief Fire Officer Barry Dixon said the fire brigade was investigating the ‘reckless act’. Mr Dixon said: ‘A full investigation has begun and initial information would suggest that it is one of our personnel.’
A fire service spokesman added: ‘It is blatantly obvious that getting into a tumble dryer, especially of industrial design, is not only foolish, but dangerous in the extreme.’ “
The fire service press office has been working overtime to repair the damage to it’s reputation inflicted by a leaked video from a mobile phone, showing firefighter Andy Bruce being spun in a tumble dryer at Blackley fire station in Manchester. Naturally, Andy has apologised, in an attempt to hang on to his job as much as anything else.
No-one was hurt in the incident, which in a way is unfortunate. I’m not the type of person to want to inflict unnecessary harm on someone, but the fact he walked away only feeling dizzy, increases the chances of copycat incidents, regardless of any amount of official warnings etc.
The phrase ‘kids, don’t try this at home’ seems to mean ‘add to my to do list’ for some people, so it’s only a matter of time before some local newspaper will be carrying the story about ‘teen seriously injured in dryer incident’.
Imitation maybe the highest form of flattery, but it’s also shows a lack of intelligence or imagination.
News, National, Fireman, Manchester, Tumble Dryer.
What are Technorati Tags?